Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MMC cannot initialize the snap-in

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bigmarkclark

Bigmarkclark

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

I got an error message for when trying to acces my services area. I go to admin tools and click on services and received the following error:

MMC cannot initialize the snap-in
Name: Services
clsid {58221c66 ea27 11cf adcf 00aa00a80033}

I can access msconfig but cannot restart any system programs from there.

I am running Windows XP Proffesional Version 2002 SP3
I have .net Framework 3.5 with all the hot fixes. I tried the MMC 3.0 update for Windows Server 2003 and for Windows XP did not work either it tells me the service pack is more up to date than the download

I searched Microsofts website but could not find any info for the clsid number. Can anyone help Please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users