Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:47 PM
Hello Everyone, and thanks first off to all that read my post, and a very SPECIAL thanks to anyone that can fix my issue!
I recently upgraded from Windows Vista to 7 Ultimate. No problem except for a few driver issues.
About a week ago I thought I had a browser hijacker. I ran hijackthis and viewed the logfile. All green checkmarks.
I updated Malwarebytes and ran a deep scan. Come up finding nothing
I made sure AVG was updated and ran a full scan. Again, same results...Nothing found
Made sure Windows defender was up to date as well.
With all this and still finding nothing, I turned to some friends in a computer forum using www.paltalk.com. I was advised to remove AVG, install SUPERantispyware and avast... I did as they requested and one more time, nothing found.
Here is what is constantly happening to me, and it appears to be getting worse.
1) I pull up IE and my home page is google. I type in a search and click a result. The tab starts out heading the right direction, then it says I am being redirected.
2) Im online without the browser running and all of a sudden I hear advertisements even though I dont have a browser even running. Sure enough, I open IE and it takes me righ to the same advertisement.
3) Computer just shuts down, getting more and more frequent.
4) I keep getting notifications that windows is not genuine, even though when I right click on "My Computer" and choose properties, it shows it as legal
5) and last... I open IE and choose to have a few tabs open, then close it down. Next time I open IE, I am confronted with a popup asking me "Your last browsing sesion closed unexpectedly" So, Im givin the choice of restoring my last session, or going to my homepage..
So, to top it all off I downloaded CWShredder but it seems to only want to find one thing " a virus named SWShredder"
Then, for the grand exit I downloaded and installed ComboFix and ran it...I have a logfile, but dont understand what its saying to be confident in removing something...
I hope someone here can help with my issue. I really dont want to write 0's to the Hard Drive just to get rid of this issue, but Im running out of options..
Thanks for the help..I hope I have shared enough information to help shed some light on what it might be..