Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Incredimail Questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ColliBeth

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

I recently had several issues with my PC and trojains. After downloading and using hjack this and other programs recommended here, I thought everything was cleared up.

Not long after that I came a cross Incredimail, thought it would be fun to try, and downloaded it. Not long after that, I started having major issues with my laptop to the point where I had to refomat and start over. Before the biggest issue started (PC unable to boot due to not being able to locate critical files) I did a Norton scan and it found over 1200 at risk files(I do these scans 1/wk)! Most of which were adware. I deleted all but 2 files and had to quarantine those. :thumbsup:

Is incredimail a safe program? Is it adware? Microsoft didn't seem to have anything bad to say about it(http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-us&qu=incredimail). Any thoughts or input on this program? I would like to use it or something like it. :flowers:

Colleen :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:34 PM

Hello Colleen,
I use Incredimail myself. I really like the letter styles and the e-mail notifiers. I am not sure that all of the adware you had was caused by Incredimail or not. Some Anti-Virus applications consider Incredimail to be spyware. That is because of the link you send out when you send an e-mail. That comes with the free version of Incredimail. If you have the paid version you don't send out a link to their website. Was any of the files that your AV cleaned were Incredimail related? What were the files that it quarantined? Did you surf the web for letter backgrounds to use with your Incredimail? Some of the sites that offer letters can be pretty iffy. I have d/l some bad things when getting letters from websites.

Edited by Pandy, 09 August 2005 - 09:38 PM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users