Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Temp Display (SpeedFan)...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yaga

yaga

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

So i have an HP laptop w/an AMD processor... & it runs hot (no surprises there!).

I'm worried about my GPU & CPU being so hot all the time, & was thinking about installing SpeedFan, but the warning attached to it has me worried about actually installing it. Verbatim - "This program is aimed at the power user. At those who know what they're doing... SpeedFan can be extremely useful, but you should first watch its behavior before setting and forgetting it." I will of course wait for as long as it takes to understand what i should/shouldn't do, what i should read up on for a while before making a decision, etc...

My thinking is that i would like to see the temperature on my desktop, because i simply don't want my hardware to be exposed to heated for a prolonged period of time. And truth be told, i use my computer a LOT. If there is anything i could do to go beyond the factory settings to get the temp down, i'll do it.

Anyone have any insight on this? I would really be much obliged.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

You can install SpeedFan safely. What they are speaking of are the many adjustments that you can make with SpeedFan.

You can make the fans run faster or slower and there are some other points you can configure. But for the average person, to install and read the temps and revs does not put you in danger.

Here is another program that can tell you info about your system.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Good luck.

DR

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

hi,,, i also find this one very usefull,,, gives more than temps of everything :thumbsup:
http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php
same maker as above but more useful i think
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

I use CPU Z for mine, but ya it wont hurt anything unless your adjusting settings and trying to overclock.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users