Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Erroneous user agent (IE7)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sleey Wood

Sleey Wood

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:58 AM

I'm sure this isn't the best way to find out an error. Someone told me that my user agent is erroneous, and says that my IE7 has trouble 'identifying' itself. I think it true since I experienced some web page loading errors which shows errors similar to the first line of the following:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; InfoPath.2; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

If it's really erroneous, how do I fix it?

Edit:
Version: 7.0.5730.13

Edited by Sleey Wood, 24 November 2009 - 04:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:07 AM

A cursory glance at your user agent string doesn't reveal anything unusual. How, exactly, did this person say it was "erroneous?"

#3 Sleey Wood

Sleey Wood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:10 AM

He says something about how my IE7 identifies itself as IE6, which I do not understand.

He seems busy at the time so I didn't really probe. Sorry, I really don't have much info.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

Need more information. Go to add and remove and see if you have IE6 and IE7. If you don't see both of them run a search for both of them and see what you come with and get back with us. This could have come from a update from M/S. IMHO I would remove Firefox completely and down load it again and see what happens. This might be a Net frame work of several updates from Firefox and M/S that don't like each other.

#5 Sleey Wood

Sleey Wood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:15 AM

I don't see IE6 in my add/remove programs list but I do have IE7.

I can't remove mozilla firefox using add/remove programs. The pop-up to prompt me to uninstallation doesn't even appear.

On the side note he mentions that my user agent as double identity. And looking at my user agent string, it does look excessively long and "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;" was like mentioned twice. I don't think that's normal :thumbsup:

#6 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:18 AM

A program you could use is REVO to remove just about any program. Please read all the instructions before using. Look under Mozilla Firefox. Good morning to all.

#7 Sleey Wood

Sleey Wood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

I've removed mozilla firefox. But my user agent still looks the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users