Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop: C000021a [Fatal system error]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 technorookie

technorookie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

Hi People, I'm having a problem with my Dell Inspiron B130 running Windows XP Home Edition Operating system. It is 3yrs. old. A flash drive that was used was infected thus, the AVG (free) antivirus showed that the PC had the Heur virus. The scan cleaned some but others could not be deleted, eventually the system shut down. The laptop was taken to a technician who reprogrammed it. All the files were deleted and the new program worked well for a few days then whenever I tried to log on XP Professional justs starts up and then shuts down, then a blue screen just flashes a quick message, then it starts up again. I have tried starting it using all the options available in F8. When I F8 and disable automatic restart, the blue screen that flashed briefly remained and I was able to see the following message:

Stop: c000021a {Fatal system error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of f0x00000080
(0x 00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down

I do not have the operating disc. Please advise

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

Hi there try this :

The system has been shut down. After unsuccessfully trying F8, Safe Mode and Last Know Good Configuration press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Esc to start task manager and on applications tab hit new task and run system restore (in windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe). Then Reboot !

These are instructions for you to try :

Reboot the system and continue pressing F8 > a screen that allows for a F1: Boot > do the F1 and continue pressing F8 to get the Safe Mode screen > select the Last Know Good Configuration and repeatedly press Ctrl+Shift+Esc sequence > Windows XP should load correctly! > open the C drive >windows folder >system32 folder >restore folder > and start the rstrui application > select a date prior to the download of the bad files > and now the problem should be gone !

Let me know if this works !
Good Luck ! :thumbsup:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 technorookie

technorookie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:51 AM

Thanks, that did not help. I ran a diagnostic test and it said "No diagnostic partition utility identified". What does that mean and what should I do next? The steps you gave did not fix the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users