Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

getting rid of Iobit toolbar

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cooked

cooked

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

Hi - some time ago Iobit toolbar started to put itself into the top of the screen at irregular intervals.
I disinstalled Advanced Windows care with Revo thinking to get rid of it. It has now decided to fix itself as my homepage. Even if I untick the toolbar option for Iobit it keeps coming back, now every time.
I have ticked options on the toolbar - uninstall - nothing happens. I have tried uninstall through firefox addons, I restart Firefox and there it is again. I can't find the uninstall ex. on my computer.
Probably my fault, any ideas please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:59 AM

Have you tried this:
How To Uninstall Iobit Toolbar
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 cooked

cooked
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:10 AM

Have you tried this:
How To Uninstall Iobit Toolbar

Thanks for the rapid answer. Yes, I looked for it, it doesn't exist on my computer (Google Desktop search found it as a file that no longer exists)

#4 fredvries

fredvries

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:46 AM

You could try our new program BitRemover 1.0 that is specifically designed to remove every last bit of debris that is left after uninstalling a product from IObis.

It also has an option to remove the IObit Conduit Toolbar.

More info and download here.

#5 kenrussell2118

kenrussell2118

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

In Windows 7 you need to right click on the Firefox Icon and select Run as Administrator. You will then be able to uninstall without any problem.

This is because Firefox is not a Microsoft program, unlike IE.

I battled to find a solution for months and then asked my son and he had the answer thumbup.gif

Cheers

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:53 AM

Thank you for posting back with the solution
Glad it's working correctly
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

I use to have Iobit 360 and Advanced system care till the trouble with MBAM.So I uninstalled it.Then I came across fredvries Bitremover on Avast forums under Topic,The Ultimate Uninstallers list and downloaded it and ran it.It found over 20mb of left behind junk and removed it.

#8 PC Overhaul

PC Overhaul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

Thanks Fred- that's a great little tool for removing all the leftovers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users