Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

quickbooks pro email problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 travisross

travisross

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

I recently upgrade from vista to to W7 and now my Quickbooks Pro 2007 won't email through the program. When I try to send it it show error code 20 and that the PDF converter isn't enable. I've tried enabling it and re starting the program but still end up with the same results. Anyone else having this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ladd765

Ladd765

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

As far as I know, the emailing programs that Quickbooks is compatible with (windows mail and Outlook Express) is not compatible with Windows 7. I am having the same problems with Quickbooks Pro 2009. They say Windows 7 is best used with Windows Live Mail which is not compatible with Quickbooks. I am looking for a solution as well and hope to get something figured out. Frustrating, if it's not one thing it's the other. :0

#3 Ladd765

Ladd765

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

Here's what I found from the Microsoft Tech website:
"...

Thanks for the post.

Since Quickbooks was working fine in Vista,it should also work reliably on Windows 7.

However, you may like to follow these steps.

1. Right click on your quickbooks startup exe file and open properties.
2. On the compatibility tab select compatibility mode and run this program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).
3. On privilege level check "Run this program as administrator". Press Apply/OK to close properties.
4. Start - Devices and Printers - add a printer - add a local printer - create a new port - local port and name it QBD_PDF.
5. Choose to install AMYUNI Technologies - Amyuni Document Converter 300 (click windows update button if it is not on your list).
6. If windows detects you already have a driver then choose to replace current driver. Name the printer Quickbooks PDF Converter - do not share printer - do NOT set as default printer. Finish
7. Start - Devices and Printers - Right click your QB printer, choose Printer - Properties and go to the advanced tab.
8. Remove any check marks in the 4 items with square boxes next to them (bottom part of screen) then select "Print directly to the printer" Hit OK to close the window.
9. Restart you computer and open Quickbooks. Open File - Printer Setup and make sure Quickbooks PDF Converter is the selected printer for any PDF operation you use frequently. (on rare occasions you may not see the Quickbooks PDF Converter on the list, reboot again and you will get it).

You can now perform PDF operations in Quickbooks (works for 32 and 64 bit Windows 7 RC)

You may also like to go through
http://fardonwebhosting.com/blog/?p=113
http://blog.neuroncomputers.com/2008/10/18...inting-problem/

Hope this helps"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users