Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Yahoo email addresses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AriesNine

AriesNine

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Hi,

I send and receive emails with a group of gals on a daily basis. We always use the 'reply all' option when sending and receiving emails. Two of us are Yahoo users, one of us is comcast and the other is a cox user. The cox user is also an incredimail user. Pretty sure the rest of us log into our accounts online and do not download to our pcs.

The last couple of days I've noticed some strange Yahoo email addresses popping up randomly in our replies. I am assuming whoever owns these email addresses is also receiving our emails. The Yahoo email addresses are strange looking.....19@yahoo.com, 12@yahoo.com and 25@yahoo.com are the three I've noticed so far. I have tried searching the web, yahoo and for a free email reverse look up but those don't exist. I've surfed here and at some other pc help and info forums and no luck there either.

Can someone please tell me what these email addresses are doing inserting themselves in our 'to' fields in our 'reply all' emails? Is it something normal that Yahoo does or should we be concerned that someone somewhere is tagging along on our email ride?

Thanks much!

S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AriesNine

AriesNine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

I (comcast user) tried sending an email to the 25 and 19 addresses....came back as aborted.... ??? One of my friends (yahoo user) did the same and got the same results.

More have come up since I last posted and I have alerted my gal friends about this. We are all on board and deleting them as we see them. Any number comes up now in front of the "@yahoo.com" and they only show up randomly.

We are all a bit concerned at this point so any kind of info and help is really and greatly appreciated! :D

THANKS!

Edited by AriesNine, 23 November 2009 - 09:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users