Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with advanced-virusremover2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oswaltbabe

Oswaltbabe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

I have gotten my computer infected with the "advanced-virusremover2010" Virus. I have already tried to run the processes program from this website and the rkill from this website. It looked like rkill worked for a bit, but now the virus is back in an even worse way. It has shut down my windows firewall and the automatic running of AVAST. It has also taken away my system restore stating it was disabled by a group something or the other and I need to contact the administrator about this. I also get a "can't find ntuser.dll" box on startup. I can load Avast manually. I have spent all day (about 7 hours so far) trying to run Avast, Malwarebytes and Ad-Aware to get rid of this thing. It keeps coming back...so please help!

Again, the virus name is advanced-virusremover2010. Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I am going to run Malwarebytes and Avast manually AGAIN to see if I can get rid of more of the nasty stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mistyck

Mistyck

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:10 AM

Edited by Mistyck, 25 November 2009 - 11:15 AM.

#3 Oswaltbabe

Oswaltbabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

You can close this topic. I got rid of the virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users