Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lack of printed script width

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 oldsoldier

oldsoldier

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:07 AM

Gentlemen/Ladies,

I知 not sure where to post this question so I知 plumping for this forum, knowing that it will be redirected if it is in the wrong place.

Occasionally, when I open a website, its pages are too wide for my monitor and I have to scroll across to the right to see what is hidden from view. When I go to print the pages, I end up with just threequarters of the width of the script.

I am using an HP LaserJet 1010 printer.

I do not have this problem with all websites. Today, the offender is -

http://www.explorenorth.com/whalers/featur...lecaptains1.htm

Will the pages of this website be partly displayed on the monitors of all of the people who open it , or are my own 壮ettings to blame.

Please, how can I overcome the problem ?

Yours sincerely,

oldsoldier

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:06 AM

Hi oldsoldier.

I get the same thing when viewing that page. My screen resolution is set to 1024X768. I found that if I went to View>Text Size and set it to Smallest the page almost fit. Have you used Print Preview in the File menu to see what the page will print like? You can also use Page Setup in the File menu to adjust the margins etc. before printing.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:37 PM

This is caused by the kind of document it was when copied into the page, and the failure to check the formatting (see the "died" at the very right about half-way down? had this---and others--- been moved, the page would have fit).

To get a printable version, copy and paste the contents to a word-processing document and edit those lines that have "run over."
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 oldsoldier

oldsoldier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:12 AM

Two methods -

>View/Text Size/Smallest/then print

>Copy and Paste into new Word Document/manually compact script/then print<

can solve the problem.