Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where is the inbox assistant in OE 6 ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alevent

alevent

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:49 AM

Hello

I'm trying to set up Outlook Express (6) to pick up e-mails from 3 different accounts (Gmail, Hotmail, and one other) and want to use the Inbox Assistant tool to separate the correspondence from each. But when I click under the 'Tools' tab the Inbox Assistant is nowhere to be seen, I don't seem to have this functionality in (my) Outlook Express.

- Is this a fault?
- Does OE 6 not have an inbox assistant?
- Am I supposed to create and configure 'Message Rules' to do what the inbox assistant does?

I'm certain that I'm overlooking something extremely obvious and that this should in fact be really easy to set up -- but I'm STUCK !

Could anyone give me pointers / hints / advice ?

Any help is much much appreciated.

Thanking you kindly :thumbsup:

ayse

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:54 PM

You will need to establish a separate "account" for each Email provider. When this is done, each account will have its own set of folders.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 alevent

alevent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:45 AM

That's the thing though... :thumbsup:
I HAVE already created 3 separate accounts (from Tools --> Accounts --> Add) but all the incoming mail from them go into the same inbox folder. No new folders have magically appeared and I still do not have the the inbox assistant anywhere. Even searching under OE help for inbox assistant brings up no results.

Is there a way to do this, other than creating new folders in OE manually and configuring message rules to separate mails from each account to go into these new folders? For now, this does not happen automatically when I add new accounts as you suggested :flowers:

There should be a really easy answer to this but I'm at a loss.

Thank you very much for your reply anyway.

Cheers,
ayse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users