Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm infested!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tolan

Tolan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

hi,

I've never really posted on here cause i can normally get rid of what ever is infecting my computer but whatever is in my computer is very persistent. I've scanned with quite a few scanners and they come back with nothing.

I've scanned with Nod32, Avira, Microsoft Security Essentials, super anti spyware and something called Malaware (i think its called that). They have all had varied results but i'm still infected.

My current symptoms are firefox randomly opening ads in a new tab, it directing my google search to some other ad search engine. Programs saying i don't have permission to use the program (Super anti spyware said it till i reinstalled it), something is now up with my codecs and i can't watch any videos and a new symptom which is by far the best.. My computer is beeping.. it varies between every 20 seconds to ever 40 seconds.

Help, please for the love of got tell me what i've got to do to kill it!

John

I've been a complete fool and posted this in the completely wrong area.. Sorry for that. How do i delete/move this?

Thanks

Edited by Tolan, 23 November 2009 - 03:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

I will suggest that it be moved to Am I Infected, await instructions from that forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users