Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DriveSentry will not start in Win 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zomolomo

Zomolomo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hi all,
I have a Gateway PC running Windows 7 32 bit system.

I have tried to install and run DriveSentry but have not had any success doing this.

I am able to download and install the DS software. I get to the DS splash screen which appears, then disappears but never get past that point to activate the account.

I currently have Spyware Doctor with Antivirus loaded which I tried uninstalling and tried with no AV at all with the same results... can anyone help?

Also, does the Firewall need to be on or off?

Thanks
Jerry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:39 AM

Have you tried doing these actions using Right Click and "Run as Administrator"
There is also the question of compatibility with Windows 7.

#3 Zomolomo

Zomolomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

I did try "run as admin": but made no difference...

I thought that but according to the DS site, the 3.4 version (which I used) is now compatible or supports Win 7

Anyway, heard a lot of good things about DS and wanted to give it a try... apparently not..

Thanks

#4 rover3500

rover3500

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

I did try "run as admin": but made no difference...

I thought that but according to the DS site, the 3.4 version (which I used) is now compatible or supports Win 7

Anyway, heard a lot of good things about DS and wanted to give it a try... apparently not..

Thanks

Is supposed to be good...is a good idea aswell.I bought it a while ago but haven't got round to installing it,as i have a few security progs already.Best idea is to contact support at the site.E-mail them,they usually get back to u within 24 hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users