Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is waking up by itself

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hey guys!

I'm having a problem with my laptop. For some reason it always seems to want to wake itself up while plugged into AC power in sleep mode.

I think I've read that this is usually caused by the Lan waking it up. I've disabled the "Allow this device to wake the computer up" option in device manager, and have even unplugged the internet cable from my laptop, but it is still waking up.

I don't believe I have any scheduled virus scans or anything, and there are no scheduled tasks in the task scheduler.

Any help appreciated to fix this, thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

hi,,,, have a look in power options,,,, type it into search box in start menu then in options click on change plan setting in the power plan your using then click on change advanced power settings and have a look through the tree options in there,,,
good look.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 funnytim

funnytim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hello,

I've looked through the settings but can't find anything that jumps out at me in particular.
Oh, I should probably also mention that I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Thanks.

Edited by funnytim, 23 November 2009 - 03:37 PM.

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

funny thing is my dell at work does the same,,,, will not go to sleep when on mains power,,, pull the adaptor and good night,,, so i reckon its something around the power options area,,,, my wife's acer allows sleep while on mains power, to it must be a setting somewhere do you think ?? its just finding it,,, i have had a google for an answer but no joy.
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users