Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't copy & paste anymore XP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gsrmad4it

gsrmad4it

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hello,
I seem to be having problems copy and pasting. The computer just freezes, and does nothing. I'm using Windows XP Home SP3.
Can anyone help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Funnel Web_*

Guest_Funnel Web_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

Is Your Clipboard Service Disabled In Services Or No?? Which Can Cause that To Happen!!

Just Go To run and type services.msc in the run command and it will open up your services control panel have a look to see if clip book or board is disabled and just change it to automatic and reboot your computer to see if it works or no

#3 gsrmad4it

gsrmad4it
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for the advice, tried that, but it's still the same.
Anyone else got any ideas. :thumbsup:

#4 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

When you say the computer "freezes", what does that mean? If it just means nothing happens...pastes...then it may be that you only need to delete the contents of the clipboard.

For a fast and smooth running computer system, one should keep their memory resources free from clutter. One of the ways to quickly clutter and fill up your memory resources is to do a lot of copying, cutting and pasting of text files, pictures and objects between applications. When you perform a lot of these actions, you wind up filling up the Windows Clipboard and your system starts to slow down. Therefore, this technical brief will show you how to Clear the Contents of the Windows Clipboard to help you free up memory resources. Note: For Windows XP, The Clipboard Viewer Has Been Renamed To Clipbook Viewer.

For Windows XP

1. Begin by first clicking on the Start Button.
2. Then click on Run Icon, which will open up the Run Menu for you.
3. Locate the white area of the screen next to the word Open: in the Run Menu.
4. Now type in the abbreviated word Clipbrd and click on the OK button to launch the Program.
5. Notice how the Clipboard contains a record of your recent copy and paste inputs.
6. To empty your Clipboard, click on the word Edit located within your top tool bar area.
7. Then click on the word Delete from the pull down menu that appears.
8. Windows will ask you if you want to Clear the contents of the Clipboard.
9. Click on the Yes button to allow Windows to clear the Clipboard.
10. Notice how your former imputed information is now cleared from the Clipboard.
11. Then close the Clipbook Viewer Window to return to your Windows session.

http://www.real-knowledge.com/clearbrd.htm

Edited by mommabear, 23 November 2009 - 07:02 PM.

#5 gsrmad4it

gsrmad4it
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:50 PM

mommabear, i can copy and paste in outlook, but i can't do it in Internet explorer. As soon as i highlight something and right click, the computer freezes for a minute or two and you can't do anything. When it un-freezes itself you're back to square one, having to highlight and right click again.

btw. tried your deleting process, but i haven't got anything in there to delete, cos i can't copy and paste anything!!!!
Anyway thanks for your help :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users