Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Assistant, Slow PC/Crashing frequently

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Iranna

Iranna

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hello,

I am having this problem since 3days, I remember I clicked P2P somwhere trying to watch TV live streaming.
I suddenly started getting IE8 error ,'tab has been recovered' and then PC became Slow/Crashing. I tried to get into SAFE MODE, but I saw BSOD,SYSTEM RESTORE was disabled and many problems.

I tried SAS,MB,WD and all kinds of software but nothing detected finally I googled and got Combofix downloaded (Scan says Rootkit activity Detected).

Now my computer is better than what was before like it crashes but not so frequently and now Sys Restore,Safe Mode working.But I still see the HelpAssistant folder and also HelpAssistant user account as admin in my PC even after deleting and restarting.I get the BSOD when I chose to proceed for Recovery Consloe. I need help to remove Helpassistant and to stop System Crashing frequently.
I can attach combofix log if required.

Regards
Iranna

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users