Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rogers rocket stick freezing laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Craiggerz

Craiggerz

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

Hi,

I have become very frustrated and have no idea how to start looking into the cause of my problem. I would just like suggestions as to what I can do to fix my problem. I have tried googling, reinstalling software, updating firmware, etc... and no luck. I have exhausted the options that I know of.

I have a Rogers mobile internet stick (Rogers Rocket), I use it during my lunch hours at work with my laptop so I can browse the internet and play poker. The past few weeks it freezes on me. It consistent in the sense that it will eventually freeze, although sometimes it's very frequently... like every few minutes, and other times I can use it up to an hour. I do not have access to a second computer to test the stick on. I do use my laptop at home connected to a router and I never have any problems.

I used the stick for a couple months and didn't have any problems. I then installed Windows 7 and I still didn't have any problems. It seemed like after a couple weeks of using it with Windows 7 it became a problem.

Could anyone give me suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Craiggerz

Craiggerz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

Bump, am I in the wrong forums? Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could go for more help?

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

Perhaps this may shed some light. In particular the notice in yellow.

#4 Craiggerz

Craiggerz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:52 AM

I have tried googling, reinstalling software, updating firmware, etc...

Perhaps this may shed some light. In particular the notice in yellow.

Thanks, but I have been there and done that.

#5 kalpia

kalpia

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

This is a toughy and let me say right from the start that I DO NOT use W7. It seems that all worked before W7 install, but worked for several weeks with W7, and then started to fail. Have you tried going back to original OS (XP, Vista)? That might be worth a try; if it then works correctly for a period then it would seem that W7 is the problem else it could be something corrupted in your box.

Good luck and keep us posted.
To error is human, to forgive is against company policy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users