Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advent 7109b Laptop - won't boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 docopley

docopley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

Hi, I'm posting on behalf of my gf who's laptop died yesterday and will not boot.

She had a Seagate 250GB external HD plugged into the laptop via USB, the exHD was switched off and the laptop had been on a while and was running fine. As soon as she pressed the power button on the exHD it 'popped' and she saw a blue flash, the laptop immediately died. She isn't sure if she had a BSOD as was more concerned about he exHD at the time.

Since then the laptop will not boot at all - pressing the power button results in the power light flickering once after a few seconds and nothing else.
The exHD cannot be read by my computer, windows just pops up saying it detected a USB device and that it is not working correctly.

I thought it may have been a power surge but both the laptop and exHD's AC Adapters are still working.

Not sure what to do about either the laptop or the exHD, both of which are out of warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by docopley, 23 November 2009 - 01:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users