Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I boot up after a Blue Screen of Death?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Advice Pro

Advice Pro

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:04 PM

I don't want to restore my PC and it won't start normally or in safe mode. I've found that if I press F8 for more options then I can choose the repair option & I'll get a Windows Recovery .. that asks for user info and either I don't have it or it's not being accepted.

I have the installation disc that came with my PC. I also have the disc 'Gateway Applications & Drivers' and 'Backup' that Best Buy made me.

So, what do suggest that I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:28 PM

hi using only the windows recovery disc do a start up repair to recover the pc,,,,
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/
and for a system restore
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.c...stemrestore.htm
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 Advice Pro

Advice Pro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

The 1st link is great and I have accessed the command prompt. Then I accessed C:/, but didn't know what to do, so I read through the tutorial-introduction to the command prompt (I'd post the link, but I'm using the Nintendo Wii for internet use. I can't access Windows and want to clarify, @ C:/ I type Windows, right?

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

hi,,,, you have lost me with that one??? you should not be in cmd at all,,, you boot from the disc and it will startup windows loading files, once this is done it will continue The Windows Setup environment and then you come to the install windows box that asks you language, keyboard etc,,,, we are not reinstalling but you have to go through this to get to the option of the repair,,,,, is shows you all this in the link posted,,, perhaps you would be better off on a pc to read it,,, if you have a mate with a laptop who can pop round to your house and go online while you do the repair, you could follow the instructions then :huh:
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users