Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving photos in Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 willythecat

willythecat

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

Do hope that someone can help, with a question raised from someone else.
They say -

"Recently got a new computer with Vista installed. It's fine except for 'PICTURES'........I am not getting on with this programme at all.....I find it very complicated which is not good as I use my computer for storing photos.
In XP when I wanted to move a photo from one folder to another I just right clicked on the photo and was given the option to 'move'...... and it worked instantly. In Vista the only way I can move a photo is to copy and paste which I find time consuming and it doesn't always work. Am I missing something ?????
Is this programme in Windows 7 the same as in Vista?"

I'm still on trusty XP so am not too sure about Vista.
Any ideas?
Thanks very much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

hi,,,, you can click the photo then click on file (top left corner) and select copy to and move to in there,,,, of you can add it to the context menu (right click) with this hack i used
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...ght-click-menu/
click on the bit that says "download copy to/move to" bit and install the reg tweak,,, works a treat,,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 willythecat

willythecat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

Thanks figgis,
Exactly what l was looking for.