Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't connect to the internet!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hawaiian1der

Hawaiian1der

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

My sister has downloaded so many things on my laptop it was taking 10-20 minutes to boot. I admit I did some of the downloading, but that aside, I just decided to format the laptop and start from scratch. My dad told me to just put the Vista disk in and that should do it. It is a Inspiron 1545. I have looked everywhere. Most things I see tell me to go into the device manager and update the driver, that does nothing. There are some problems with some of the devices, I'll give them to you because I am not sure if they might have something to do with it. They are: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, SM Bus Controller, and Video Controller. The last two are code 28 and the first is code 10.

Thanks for the help,
The Hawaiian1der

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 othersteve

othersteve

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:55 AM

Hey there Hawaiian,

Please download and install the following drivers in this order (you will need to transport them to the computer via USB flash drive or CD):

1. Intel GM45 Chipset Driver
2. Marvell 88E80XX 10/100 Ethernet Controller
3. Intel GM45 Graphics

~os

Edited by othersteve, 23 November 2009 - 10:56 AM.

geek since childhood, tech for over ten years
ign boards moderator of eight years
digitalchumps.com managing editor (tired of fixing your computer? take a break and read about some videogames instead. ;)

Life is short do something nice for someone!

#3 Hawaiian1der

Hawaiian1der
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:41 AM

Thank you for the Help with the messed up drivers but this did not fix the internet problem...

#4 Hawaiian1der

Hawaiian1der
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

I found that it says that the adapter isn't even installed. I have no idea where it would be...by that I mean where to get it.

Edited by Hawaiian1der, 26 November 2009 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users