Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloaded programs highlighted in start menu !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:21 AM

Hi there i have posted in am i infected but am trying everything i can to resolve things myself, i know i have a trojan or malware but can't seeem to find it, because everytime i download a programme it continually stays highlighted in my startup menu, how do i access my startup menu file or folder to have a good look in it to see if i can find anything in there can someone help it would be really appreciated !
Thanks !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 othersteve

othersteve

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:34 AM

Hello doinmeedin,

1. Right-click on your taskbar and select Properties.
2. Click the Start Menu tab and choose Customize... by the Start Menu heading.
3. In the scroll box, UNcheck Highlight newly installed programs.

~os
geek since childhood, tech for over ten years
ign boards moderator of eight years
digitalchumps.com managing editor (tired of fixing your computer? take a break and read about some videogames instead. ;)

Life is short do something nice for someone!

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:12 PM

Thanks othersteve for replying but got it sorted sussed it out myself exactly the same as what you said thanks ! :huh:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users