Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need urgent help!!! My internet connection goes down...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 duderude90

duderude90

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:14 AM

Well first of all internet is very important for me as i have to prepare for MBA entrance tests online...
Now the problem something strange is happening with my computer for the past 2 days... My net coonection goes down every 5 or 10 minutes... and in order to get it back on i had to reboot my computer.. and after 5 minutes agin the connection goes down...
Firstly, I thought it was the problem with my ISP but now I think my computer is infected with some sort of infection...

Now this is what happens...

I have ESET NOD32 antivirus installed on my system...
First of all it gives a warning about thread found...

11/23/2009 4:17:12 PM	HTTP filter	file	http://rs246l32.rapidshare.com/files/300452657/r91	a variant of Win32/Agent.OSE trojan	connection terminated - quarantined	TARUN\Sumit	Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe.
Here is the screenshot for the above message:
Posted Image
Here is my ESET nod 32 antivirus quarantine image...
Posted Image
the first 11 items in the list i think is the cause of the problem..

After a few seconds a webpage opens in FIREFOX (default) web browser
the page address is:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=and6.ch&sl=de&tl=el

Well my net connection went out again so I had to reboot again in order to submit the post...

Plz help me soon I have lots of important stuff on this computer, and the last option that i will be left with is to format my hard drive... coz my MBA exam is much more important to me...

UPDATE 1:
JUST INSTALLED PC TOOLS FIREWALL PLUS NOW MY NET CONNECTION IS NOT GOING DOWN AND THAT WEBPAGE IS NOT OPENING AS WELL BUT I KNOW THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE WITHIN MY COMPUTER SO PLEASE HELP...

UPDATE 2:
EVERYTHING WAS GOING FINE.. SUDDENLY THAT WEBPAGE OPENED UP AGAIN... I CHEKCHED IN SHELL PC TOOLS FIREWALL ICON WAS NOT PRESENT...
MAYBE IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE INFECTION THAT PC TOOL FIREWALL WENT DOWN... HAD TO LOG OFF AND LOG ON AGAIN IN ORDER TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE..

Edited by duderude90, 23 November 2009 - 09:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 duderude90

duderude90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:26 AM

Hey... guys so many days gone, still no reply... i thought you would be of great help... instead i didn.t even got s single response.. SO JUST DUMP THIS TOPIC

Edited by duderude90, 29 November 2009 - 07:26 AM.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:02 PM

You know, you could have bumped your topic once or twice
I must say you live up to your scree name
Have a good day
Topic closed
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users