Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having
, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
Upon completing the steps below another staff member
will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.
If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.
Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:We need to create an OTL Report
- Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Push the button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Also, please subscribe to this topic, so you are notified when someone replies. Please continue to check manually on occasion, as every now and then the email may be caught by your spam filter.
To enable topic notifications you should do the following:
- Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel.
- Scroll down to the Options category in the left hand side menu bar and click on the Email Settings link.
- Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?.
- Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone replied.
Information on A/V control HERE
Edited by etavares, 29 November 2009 - 08:15 AM.