Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojans everywhere, cannot run most .exe programs HELP!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AnotherUser1

AnotherUser1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

Hi, new user here. Not very computer savvy. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with Windows XP.

I left my laptop open and connected to the internet, then went out for several hours. When I came back, the desktop was frozen and I had to manually restart. When I did, I had serious problems. I ran a virus check with a program I use called Spyware Terminator and it found 147 trojans and malware. ST able to remove some, but plenty of problems still remain including one called AntiMalware and another called System Defender.

Even if I'm not doing anything, every couple of seconds I get the following error message: "[something].exe: The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ziriwesu.dll is not a valid Windows image"

I have been unsuccessful at opening any applications other than MS Word (thankfully, so I could retrieve my schoolwork on a USB drive), and I cannot open Firefox or IE to access the internet (I am on school PC now). I have Malbytes Anti-Malware, but I cannot run it because every time I try I get the mbam.exe DLL error.

When I try to restart my computer in safe mode, I get the blue screen of death every time with the error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

My friend suggested using a Linux CD and reformatting my computer. I have no idea what to do, and I need a function laptop to take my exams starting December 1st. I have considered buying a $300 Netbook just for the exams and then returning it.

Edited by AnotherUser1, 23 November 2009 - 01:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users