Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot unable to remove problems.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jowilsonths

jowilsonths

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:16 AM

I think that my computer may be infected in some way. After scanning the computer with Spybot Search & Destroy I received a error message that stated: "This action may not be performed completely since you are not an administrator. If you want this performed for all users, please run this application elevated as an administrator" when trying to fix the selected problems. This confused me because this was an administrator account. After clicking "ok" an error message states "Unexpected error in fixing problems (Cannot create file "C:\Windows\wininit.ini".Access is denied)." I then clicked "ok" again, and then a warning message popped up that stated: "Some problems couldn't be fixed; the reason could be that the associated files are still in use (in memory). This could be fixed after a restart. May Spybot-S&&D run on your next system startup?" Then the next pop states "0 problems fixed. 111 problems could not be fixed. You should have an administrator scan and fix again!"

I am not sure if this helps but the items that Spybot was trying to destroy are: FunWebProducts (43 entries PUPS); MyWay.MyWebSearch (48 entries PUPS); MyWebSearch (21 entries Trojans).

The computer runs Windows Vista and I am not sure what other information you would need.

Thank you for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users