Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"PersonalGuard" renders computer inoperable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FranklenStein

FranklenStein

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

This concerns a Dell computer at my work that kids have access to (running Windows XP Professional). Had lots of help recently with my own laptop courtesy of the brilliant Mr. AustrAlien on this site, and am hoping for similar success.

Troubles started originally when the little ones inadvertently downloaded a nasty little bug called "PersonalGuard2009". I was unable to uninstall it as it was causing me to be unable to load any other virus programs (AdAware, Spybot, or Malwarebytes), simply freezing up or throwing up random windows, before crashing entirely.

Computer currently won't boot windows at all (in any mode), and goes to the Blue Sceen of Death, giving me the following error message:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF8AD3524, 0x00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Would appreciate any help as where to begin with this one. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FranklenStein

FranklenStein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

Since no one seems to be biting, I took it upon myself to try and boot several discs that I needed to use to get my laptop up and running.

Computer refueses to boot "Ubuntu", "UCBD4Win", or even the "XP System Operating Disc".

I'm fairly certain I have the boot sequence correct, and the disc is spinning so I'm officially at a loss.

Little help here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users