Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File database

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hstein

hstein

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

I apologize in advance. Is there some way to download bleeping computer's full file database with csv values (status flag, file name, date, etc.) or even in Excel spreadsheet format, etc?

I am sure this question has been asked many times but dirlling around the site and I could not find this.

Thanks,

Harry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:41 PM

Hello hstein,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here. Is this what your looking for? The file Database.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials. :thumbsup:

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

We currently do not have one for the general membership
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

I apologize in advance. Is there some way to download bleeping computer's full file database with csv values (status flag, file name, date, etc.) or even in Excel spreadsheet format, etc?

I am sure this question has been asked many times but dirlling around the site and I could not find this.

Thanks,

Harry

No..may I ask why you would that?

#5 hstein

hstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

Thanks,

Harry

No..may I ask why you would that?

Sure... I deal with viruses and name lookups all the time. It's quite troublesome to do all the searching online -always entering something in the search box. I would wirte myself a utility to look it up very quickly the way I like to see it and in a local database (or falt ASACII file). Sometimes I have an entire pslist I'd like to pump in -- if I did that through URL access (programmatiucally) it would burden your server and you'd have to cut me off, or do a Captcha deal (ugh!)

I guess you need your revenues from ads.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

Nah its not the ads at all. It is just that if we offered that info in such a manner, then there would be a couple of dozen sites using my data with perms. Just not worth the headache.

I would have no problem if you wanted to create a program to do what you wanted to do. Could you put a pause in between requests? Heck I could even create a separate query to make it easier. If you designed something like this I would possible even be interested in hosting it and working with you on a way of creating an xml output that would help.

#7 hstein

hstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

Nah its not the ads at all. It is just that if we offered that info in such a manner, then there would be a couple of dozen sites using my data with perms. Just not worth the headache.

I would have no problem if you wanted to create a program to do what you wanted to do. Could you put a pause in between requests? Heck I could even create a separate query to make it easier. If you designed something like this I would possible even be interested in hosting it and working with you on a way of creating an xml output that would help.

I'll email you offline in the next week or two -- I am swamped right now. I think I already use your site in a "slow way" where I take a process name and launch four or five sites to see what they come up with when the process name is embedded in what I think is the correct URL but I believe (can't recall) I have trouble with yours. That is, there is no URL I can bild which will do the auto-search for me. Most of the time I do one at a time and send it to all four to see what the agreement is or isn't. No big deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users