Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Drive Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Inobodyme

Inobodyme

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

Ok I have a Kaser USB flash drive 12GB Mini Vault that when I put it in it reads nothing and when I bring up properties it reads 0 bytes of used space 0 free bytes. Is this device bricked or can i save it. There are documents on it worth saving but if not i would just like the USB drive operational again.

P.S. Format does not work, It just does not load. It does not even register that I try to format or do an error check.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

Check under Computer Management and see if it is listed there. Right Click My Computer and then Left Click Manage. Look under Disk Management to see if the flash drive is listed.

Have you tried formatting it with a Flash Drive Formatter? You can't just format it with the Windows system. HP has one available.

Here is a page on it.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-1...nder-WinXP.html

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users