Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc2700 vs pc3200

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 silentxnight

silentxnight

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:24 PM

HELLO I JUST BOUGHT A KINGSTON 1GB RAM AND ITS A DDR 333 PC 2700, I HAD MEANT TO BUY A PC3200 BUT I WASNT bleepIN LOOKIN ....bleep bleep bleep...BUT YA IM WONDERIN IF ITLL BE A BIG DIFFERNCE OR NOT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:56 AM

Although I never recommend using unmatched ram you will find in this case it might work because the bus timing is the same (DDR333). The system determines the speed timing from the DIMM 0 bank therefore you should install the slower speed ram in this slot (PC2700). If it does work the PC3200 stick will run at the same speed as the 2700 stick and may run fine. I recommend returning the 3200 for exchange to the 2700. The OS may also play a part in how it will run the unmatched ram, XP is very ram friendly and manages ram very good, but on the other hand it is also very picky and may not even boot with the unmatched ram.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users