Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games and movies slow my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom the bloody

Tom the bloody

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:17 PM

Hi
I have a problem please help me... whenever I'm playing a game or seeing a movie, my pc slows down.....only for a short time like 20 secs, then it goes all normal again... but then like every 3 to 7 minutes it happens again!!!

I'm thinking of a virus, video or audio hardware problems... directX problems.... don't know.... please help me.... it's been like 4 months since I can't play a single game beacuase it gets from normal to slow... .. not even Tibia can be played... so it's not the resources... even typer shark can't be played
I have an ati radeon all in wonder video card, soundmax digital, 120gb hard disk space, 1024ram, pentium IV 2,4ghz)

i'm really desperate :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :bike:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 radiohead

radiohead

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:50 AM

well i would think it may be your graphics card

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:37 AM

What is the model of your ati radeon all in wonder video card?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:00 AM

It could be the video card, but by the way it happens for lke 20 seconds every few minutes makes me want to think its some other program or something. When I reformatted this computer last summer, there was something running that every like 10 seconds, would spike my cpu usage to 100%, then it would drop back down to what ever it was before (it would usually be like 3-4%).

good luck,
Wizdabest

Edited by Wizdabest, 06 September 2005 - 11:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users