Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

logged out of BC account while viewing/posting anything

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ashmash132

ashmash132

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:46 AM

Hello to all of you.

Since morning I am experiencing a strange problem.

After logging into my BC account, whenever I click on "View New Posts" or any forum , I logged out of my account although the post clicked opened up. To view the new post I again have to logged into my BC account.

I may be excused as I could not figure out to which forum should I post my problem.

It may also be made known to me to which forum I must post my account related problems.

With many thanks and regards.

Manoj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

A couple things occur to me as possibilities.

1) Have you tried clearing cache and cookies?

2) By any chance did you block Bleeping Computer from putting cookies on your computer?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

A similar thing happens when BC's server is stressed or doing backup usually at the top of the hour.
Meaning the server is really busy. When I get that, I just wait a bit and then try again.

You don't need to be logged in to view posts. I think you only need to be logged in to post or to view profiles of members and of course to check personal messages.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

One addition to buddy215's list of things you can do while logged in, is that you will not see any advertising. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 ashmash132

ashmash132
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:03 AM

Respected Orange Blossom, Buddy215 and Animal.

Thanks for providing the help and information.

Yes the site has been blocked from putting cookies on the computer. Although I did not put it in the list, may be it is because of download of Super Antispyware, the same was done. Through privacy report button at the bottom of the broweser, I allowed the site to put cookies. I also added it in the Trusted Sites list on my computer.

Many Many thanks once again for solving the problem.

Manoj

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:30 AM

You're welcome. Glad your problem is resolved. :thumbsup:

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users