Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Home or Windows 7 Pro and with 3 keys?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heavyjavadrinker

heavyjavadrinker

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

I saw Windows 7 Home Premium listed in a BestBuy circular with 3 keys for around $110. This would be good for me because I have 3 computers and would like them to all run the same OS. I would like to do networking easily between the 3.

On Amazon I see that they Have Windows 7 Professional for $176. I'm not sure if this is what I want or not. I know that a lot of XP users used XP Professional for the fact it was 64bit. I'm not sure what the advantage of Windows 7 Professional is. I don't know if this Windows 7 Pro has 3 keys either:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-7-...ref=pd_sim_e_44

I do use a lot graphic software for my work, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc...

So...
Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional??

My 2nd Question is:

If I do decide to purchase Windows 7, is there a free program that will remove all my files (photos, music, word documents, etc.) and put it on an external
hard-drive for me quickly? I don't have the patience anymore to do it manually. I used to click and drag each folder or file and put
it on the icon for the other drive. Is there a better, faster way?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:11 AM

Hi,

Here is a comparison chart - so have a look at which features you *need* and which features you'd *like* LOL.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/compare

As for you Amazon link, it looks like that is for one licence key only and to be honest that is a very good deal for three Home Premium licence keys!

Casey

P.S. If your processor is capable then go for the 64bit version (its the same price as its 32bit counterpart), however, make sure your processor supports 64bit!

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users