Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some programs can't connect to the internet.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nift

Nift

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:06 AM

Some. Firefox and Internet Explorer can connect to the internet just fine, as well as the torrent program BitComet. But those are just about the only things that work. Among the list of programs that can't connect are instant messaging software (AIM, Pidgin), anti-virus/spyware/adware software (can't update), uTorrent, SSH Secure Shell File Transfer, UltraVPN, and Google Chrome.

I've been dealing with this problem for a few months now and it hadn't been too big of a nuisance until recently when I needed to use some of this software for school.

I'm on a wireless network and I thought the problem might have something to do with the router, but then I tested out two other laptops and they have no trouble connecting to the internet through any type software. Tried booting into safe mode and it was the same story. Some programs connected, most didn't.

Help would be greatly appreciated. This has been bugging me for quite some time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users