Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

P C MightyMAx

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 trapperpete52

trapperpete52

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

I downloaded it thinking I could help my system operate better. Seems they have a program that stays behind even after running their uninstall program. I know enough about computers to be dangerous to mine it seems. I have read on other forums and downloaded malaware and Hijack this. I also have Ccleanner as well installed. It seems well hidden when I go head hunting. It keeps popping up and stops me from doing anything until I X it out.

Edited by trapperpete52, 22 November 2009 - 02:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:59 AM

hi,,,, to stop it stopping you boot in safe mode and scan,,,, download Malwarebytes ,,, update the virus definitions and then do a full scan after booting in safe mode,,,, if by malware in your post you mean Malwarebytes (MBAM) then just up date and full scan in safe mode,,,,,,
link for mbam,,, blue tab is free version (the one you want)
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
how to use it below,,,
http://www.udel.edu/topics/spyware/malwarebytes.html
and how to boot in safe mode,,,
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
if this fails then go to the security section and and post in the "am i infected" forum with a full account of whats happened and whats been done upto now to cure your self,,,,
be patient with the security experts as they are very busy, but some one will be along to help,,,, do not bump any posts made in there as a security expert looking for a new threads by members to help,, will see multi posts and think help is already been given in that thread :huh:
hope this helps you and,,
good luck :huh:

Edited by figgis41, 22 November 2009 - 11:00 AM.

Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:03 AM

P C Mighty Max is bad news as you have found out.WOT rates it as rouge and malicious software.h.p.hosts lists it likewise.When you downloaded malware I presume and hope you downloaded malwarebytes.Have you updated and run malwarebytes?What were the results?did you delete or quarantine what you found or would it not run.

I think your best option is to post a hijack this log on the I think I am infected forum on this site.Or if admin spot it they will more than likely remove this post and put it their were you will get expert help in malware removal.I see figgis 41 beat my reply.Edited my reply.Just follow his links.

Edited by cod head, 22 November 2009 - 11:05 AM.

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

hi,,,, just a quick add on to Cods post :huh:
do not post any hijackthis logs until asked to do so or until your moved over to the HJT forum when a member of the HJT team will take over and guide you through the process,,,
this is because,,, if you post a HJT log without being asked it is then handled in a different way and it will be moved over to the "Misplaced HJT Logs Forum"
i hope this makes sense :huh:
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 trapperpete52

trapperpete52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply. I will give ths a try as soon as I get back from work.

#6 trapperpete52

trapperpete52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:00 AM

I did the safe mode but thought it wasn't going to boot into it. Think had to restart 3 times to get into safe mode after the msconfig. Did an update on malewarebytes and ran it even on my external drive to make sure it would get it all. Found 5 infections and deleted them using their program. Changed back to normal mode using the msconfig and had a lot of trouble getting it to start again. took around 6 tries to get it to boot. Once it came up needed to do a system recovery to try to boot.

I made a post over on am I infected forum. Just wanted to let you know what happened. Forgot to add pc mightymax is still running.

Edited by trapperpete52, 26 November 2009 - 03:02 AM.

#7 trapperpete52

trapperpete52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

Got it after got brave enough to run it a second time. I also did a BIOS upgrade from HP before I ran it.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

Thank you for letting us know it is solved.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users