Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im infected. Cant download or run any spyware/antivirus application. HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 qwerty11

qwerty11

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

Somehow my Vista laptop got infected with a bug. This bug will not let me download or run anykind of antivirus type application. I've tried saving them as different file names, but it still will not work

I really don't want to reformat everything. Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

It sounds like you may have something running which is preventing you from being able to install/run security software. What I normally do is use Rkill to stop the malware processes that start when the computer comes on. Then I run the Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware. Here are some DL links for the Rkill....

LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3
LINK 4

Save it to your desktop and then double click to launch it (With Vista you need to right click and select run as administrator). You should see a little black window open and then close. If you see that box then it worked. If you don't see the black box then delete the file and use another download link and repeat the steps.

Once it runs you should be able to run Malwarebytes.
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#3 qwerty11

qwerty11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:44 AM

Tried to download all four links. Does the same thing like always. Downloads, but then wont let me run the file and it never shows up as a saved file (i.e. never appears on my desktop). I tried renaming it and it doesnt work. Saved it on another computer and tried running it on the infected one and it will not install it.

Help...

#4 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

When you try to transfer it from a non-infected computer, to the infected one, make sure that you rename the file first because you transfer. Then try to get it to run.
Computer Pro

#5 qwerty11

qwerty11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:33 AM

GOT IT TO RUN!!! And I also got malwarebytes to run as well. What else should I run on the system to make sure it is squeaky clean?

#6 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

Could you please post your Malwarebytes log? It can be found under the Logs tab in the program.
Computer Pro

#7 lb83

lb83

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:03 PM

It sounds similar the problem I am having only now my computer wont let me do anything at all.

Last night I noticed the computer running slower than usual and freezing up, I tried to run malwarebytes and then it started doing absolutely nothing.
I'm using Windows XP. The computer starts up like usual, and will let me open one application and then will immediately go unresponsive. If I open the task manager it won't let me "end task." When the program finally closes all the icons on my desktop and my task bar disapear and will not respond to shotcut keys.

Edited by lb83, 23 November 2009 - 02:07 PM.

#8 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

lb83,

Please start your own topic to avoid confusion.
Computer Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users