Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE and Firefox crash whenever I try to play a game or music online.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Zog

The Zog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

What will happen is I'll open up Firefox, go to Facebook (most common) and then attempt to go to one of my applications. As soon as the application page is fully loaded, you can't click anywhere on that screen without Firefox (or Internet Explorer) telling me the program is not responding. The whole window then whites out, and I have to close it. This happens with Slacker.com, pandora.com, NetFlix.com, basically any site that I use for media or entertainment. I can open my emails just fine, as long as I don't ask it to open a media file sent from someone. Both Internet Explorer and Firefox are up to date, I run various cleaners to remove spyware and malware, I've changed the security settings on both browsers, and nadda. No matter what I do, they still freeze. I'm close to saving all my documents and starting over with this laptop.

Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem? Or even WHY my BRAND NEW DELL LAPTOP is doing this??? I can't use my laptop for any of the things I normally do online. I need HELP.

Thanks for anyone's help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

Zog, I know nothing about Windows 7. What I do know is that sometimes computer security programs can cause weird and wacky issues. With that in mind I'll throw this out for you to consider:

Your laptop is new. Did it come with security software? If so, did you install it or have you installed a different program?
What firewall/antivirus are you using? You might want to experiment with turning an installed firewall (turn on the one included with Windows first) to see what will happen.
This is a total shot in the dark, but sometimes shots in the dark hit the target.
If it works, great. If not, someone with a knowledge of your OS may have some suggestions for you.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

It may be graphics driver related. What is the make and model of your laptop?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users