First try doing it in safe mode
If you have or if you want to download Malwarebytes, They use an application called File Assassin that should work http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
MBAM has a built-in FileAssassin
feature for removing stubborn malware or other malicious files that it did not detect.
- Go to the "More Tools" tab and click on the "Run Tool" button
- Browse to the location of the file (C:\xxxx.exe) to remove using the drop down box next to "Look in:" at the top.
- When you find the file(s), click "Open".
- You will be prompted with a message warning: This file will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?. Click Yes.
- If removal did not require a reboot, you will receive a message indicating the file was deleted successfully, however, I recommend you reboot anyway.
Caution: Be careful what you delete. FileAssassin is a powerful program, designed to move highly persistent files. Using it incorrectly could lead to serious problems with your operating system.
Edited by garmanma, 21 November 2009 - 12:31 PM.
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook