Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot View Workgroup list

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vayne24

vayne24

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:35 AM

Hi,

I have a PC wired to a D-Link Dir-300 wireless router and an ACER notebook connecting using wireless.
So I made a home network using the default workgroup name Mshome.
Everything was going fine until one day the problem occured.
When I try to view workgroup in My Network Places by clicking "view workgroup computers" and error pops up saying something like mshome in inaccessible.

but this only happens on the notebook. on the PC i can view the workgoup list but the notebook's name isnt displayed only the PC's name.
but the notebook can actually connect to the PC using \\PC_NAME but the PC cant do otherwise.

i tried to ping but the results are the same - the notebook gets replies from the PC but the PC doesn't get replies from the notebook
I did the network setup wizard a couple of times again but to no avail

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

This post has all the things you'd need to check. Not going to type it all out when someone else already did it..hehe. Skip the part when the poster is talking about doing the ipconfig and posting.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 vayne24

vayne24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:40 AM

I've checked them all but non helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users