Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lexmark printer queue / download problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Portoman

Portoman

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:29 AM

Hi All

I have recently started having some large problems with my Lexmark x1270 printer and Im close to throwing it out the window.

There are 2 problems : 1) When a document prints out it does not remove itself from the print queue. When I manually try to remove it, nothing changes - it stays in the queue saying "deleting - printed" but it does not delete. This means all subsequent documents cannot print either. The only way to remove this is to reboot my computer and this allows the next document to print. As you can imagine this is immensely annoying and takes up a lot of time. Why is this happening and how can I stop it ? I think you make ask me to download or update the printer software. I have tried this and this leads me to problem number 2 :

2) I have visited the Lexmark website to obtain new downloads for my printer but I cannot install them. When I try to install I am met with a "setup.exe has stopped working" message. This has happened everytime I have tried to download the software. Again, I do not know why this is happening as it does not occur when I download other software updates from other sites.

I was told that I needed to uninstall all existing Lexmark software to update. When I tried to do this I was met with a "printer is currently printing - please wait" message everytime so I could not uninstall it. Eventually I used an alternative uninstall program which worked. However when I tried to install the new downloads I could not (see problem 2 above). Eventually I had no choice but to undertake a system restore which resulted in my printer having the old software and therefore the print queue problem.

ALSO I have tried to email Lexmark but the site doesnt seem to be accepting emails !!!!

The problem has been going on for about 2 months and I do not know what to do. I really need your help,

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:25 PM

Turn off and unplug the printer from the computer. Then try to remove the software.
Go to the Control Panel>Printers and make sure it's deleted there
Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Look for any Lexmark entries and delete them
Then reinstall the printer per factory instructions
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users