Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU -> TV HELP PLEASE!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xesvuli420

xesvuli420

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:05 AM

For the last few years I have had a HP laptop hooked to a RCA HDTV (with DVI, not HDMI!) with S-video.

The display is crappy, always has been. I just bought a new laptop, this time I made sure it had VGA and HDMI ports.

But now I'm getting frustrated. I was doing research on what would be better to use, HDMI -> DVI, or VGA -> DVI.

Then I heard a nasty little rumor. If my DVI TV is NOT HDCP, then neither will work anyways!

WTF is this true? did I just spend extra money getting a laptop that had better ports for no reason?

I looked up the manual for my tv (RCA 56" HDTV, the model # is either R56WH76, or R56WH78) on the RCA website, and all it says is DVI.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xesvuli420

xesvuli420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:19 AM

Ok ok dont point fingers and laugh, but you remember that old never judge a book by its cover crap...?

My tv is NOT a R56blah blah blah

I just prayed to god, pulled it our, and it is a

D56W20

#3 flyboy_ont

flyboy_ont

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:33 AM

Most computers nowadays do come with both VGA and DVI, at least on desktops. It's the TV you have to check that they can accept either. I have a Samsung 42" which only accepts VGA and a 36" that accepts DVI and VGA.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:57 PM

According to your manual its DVI Input with HDCP - New Connectivity. Plug it in and enjoy :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users