Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any auto wakeup software for standby in XP?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cybersupam

cybersupam

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:34 AM

Hi to everyone,

So I am here in this forum after a long long time with a very urgent need. For past one week I have been searching for a software that will automatically resume or wake up from standby/hibernation when my laptop is plugged in with current source. I wish this without any press on keyboard or shaking of mouse. If there is any software that can automatically resume from standby when the power cable is plugged or electricity will be back, that would be very helpful.
Windows XP Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo...please anybody can suggest me such kind of software?

Hope to get reply soon. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

Not sure how old your laptop is.
In my BIOS I have a section called Alarm Clock just for that purpose
There are also other "Wake-On" options listed in the BIOS you might want to look at
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 nathan_s

nathan_s

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:59 AM

Please correct me if i'm wrong - you are talking about the case when you lose electricity and you leave your laptop idle, and when electricity comes back you want something to wake up your laptop and give some sort of alarm? Or you just want a scheduled wake up from idle status and some actions done regardless of the current source changes from batery to normal? Then second one is easy, the first one might be tricky

#4 cybersupam

cybersupam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

Please correct me if i'm wrong - you are talking about the case when you lose electricity and you leave your laptop idle, and when electricity comes back you want something to wake up your laptop and give some sort of alarm? Or you just want a scheduled wake up from idle status and some actions done regardless of the current source changes from batery to normal? Then second one is easy, the first one might be tricky

Yes, u r absolutely right...u could understand my question easily

So, if there is any such program, then u r welcome to suggest me...any one of ur conditions will work...either 1st one or 2nd one

Thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users