Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

privacy center MOVED

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lablueyedgirl

lablueyedgirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:42 PM

i have tried almost everything that everyone has told me to do and it has messed my computer up. someone please try to help me get this bleep off of my computer. it is a privacy center screen. then i ctrl alt del and go to task mgr. then that's pretty much as far as i can get without getting any further. this sucks. i so did not download this.

Edited by garmanma, 20 November 2009 - 10:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

Well I'm not sure what you have already done but here goes.I woud initially run MBAM and then SUPERAntiSpyware. and remove what they find. Try them I regular Windows mode first and if that doesn’t work then try it in safemode.

To enter safemode gently tap the F8 key as the computer restarts.

Let us know what happens.
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#3 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:03 AM

You wrote: "then i ctrl alt del and go to task mgr"
Please try the following after starting your computer normally, and using Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc ...
On the Applications tab of the Task Manager window, click on "New Task" and in the "Run" box that opens, type "explorer.exe" and press the <ENTER> key.
Does your Desktop, Desktop icons/Taskbar/Start button appear, and can you then use your computer as normal?
OR ... do you see a message?

If you cannot use your computer normally and access the internet after trying the first step ...
On the Applications tab of the Task Manager window, click on "New Task" and in the "Run" box that opens, type "iexplore.exe" and press the <ENTER> key.
Does Windows Internet Explorer open and can you then access the internet?

Can you start the computer in Safe Mode, preferably "Safe Mode with networking" and can you then access the internet?
If no luck with the above, please attempt to start in "Safe Mode with Command Prompt". (If successful, simply type "exit" at the command prompt, and press the <ENTER> key to restart your computer.)
Use the following link if you need help attempting to start in Safe Mode (accessing the Windows Advanced Options Menu).
Getting into Windows Safe Mode
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

FYI ...... have a look at this thread:
Worst Virus Ever?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...=PRIVACY+CENTER

and this one ...
Remove Control Center (Uninstall Guide)
Posted by Grinler on November 16, 2009
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-control-center

Your version of Windows ... XP or Vista ? please.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users