Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xantalen

Xantalen

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

On and off for the last few weeks I've been getting random BSOD's saying that "The system has encountered an uncorrectable hardware error" or something along those lines. Here's a screenshot from after I started up Windows summarizing what happened. http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1858/errord.png

I didn't know how to attach the minidump file, so I uploaded it to Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N050UZFG

System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750+ (OC'd to 3.1GHz)
Gigabyte MA770-UD3 ver. 1
EVGA GeForce GTS 250 Superclocked 1GB
4GB OCZ DDR2 1066MHz
Rosewill 650w PSU
Windows 7 x64

Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

Have you run CHKDSK?

The Event Viewer may have more detail about what is causing the BSOD.

#3 Xantalen

Xantalen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

I went to a different forum with my problem, and the minidump was solved. The culprit was BOINC, which I'm not going to go into detail about what it does. It was only on my computer for the day that the BSOD occured, because I uninstalled it after it was eating up my processor.

The other half of the minidump pointed to a bugcheck of 124, which is hardware related. The people who helped me suspect it has to do with my Overclock, so I reverted the settings back to stock.

I don't know if that has solved my problem yet, cause I haven't played any of the games that cause it to BSOD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users