Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASRock A780GXH-128M

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

Anyone out there got the low down on this mainboard?
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

From what I gather from researching online its a bargain board with lots of features. Meaning its inexpensive and not well made with top end components to keep the cost down, it should perform well in a moderate system without overclocking. I have no personal experience with this manufacture so your experience with this product could vary greatly from what I have learned. I do know that if they're on par with another bargain board manufacture ECS they're manufacturing process varies greatly you may get a great board that outlast the usefullness of the computer while another board may not work at all out of the box.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

Thanks Cyber, I've owned 2 ECS boards, both are still kickin, ASRock has been around longer than ECS. I hear the boards are solid. Yes, It's a middle of the road edition, no usb 3.0 or I7 ready or stuff like that, but it will do HDMI . And is AMD3 ready. Just ddr2 not ddr3. Alan

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#4 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:53 AM

I also see it has 128 mb side port memory, this is a new technology as well, I'll build the board today or tomorrow and report back,Alan

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

#5 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

I built this project in less than 3 hours, AMD 4200 + 2.2Ghz cpu, 4 gigs of Corsair 800 Mhz ram, 700watt Raidmax Aurora2 ps, case is the new CM690 Cooler Master. It's a little loud, not loud, just not whisper quiet. 64 bit Vista Ultimate installed with no problems. I quit installing 32 bit os as the 64 is taking over. I still use 32 bit in my rig, see signature, I'll overclock the 4200+ to 2.6Ghz today,Alan

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for posting your findings :thumbsup:
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#7 audioAl

audioAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:52 AM

Thanks for posting your findings :thumbsup:

Yep, and it oc to 2.64 stock heat sink and fan. Sneaky it's a little loud for my taste, can you recommend an after market "Quiet cooler"? Alan oh, ram is now 533Mhz from 400Mhz, the easy over colck did the work for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users