Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kzpaloma

kzpaloma

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hi all - I actually joined BC many months ago, but was still in the fairly new phase of a job with lots of travel, so never made an introduction and asked a question. I am settled into the job now and have a little more time at home - have been working on my home computer and my problems have escalated. While sitting at my Bleeping Computer, I noticed an icon that was Hijackthis and couldn't remember what it was. I opened it, did a scan and came back to Bleeping Computer to hopefully get some help from different people here. My name is Adrienne, I live in MO with my husband, 4 dogs, 2 cats and many horses and cows. I purchased a Dell computer about 3 years ago, and will tell you that I have been disappointed with its performance since it first arrived - first time that has happened with a computer. I just had so many things going on with different aspects of my life - AND - had an unreliable internet connection that I didn't have the time and wasn't sure it was the computer until I made some other changes in internet service and could compare my home computer functions with those of a much older work laptop (and the laptop performs much better!). At any rate, this is my introduction and once I have a chance to look around, I hope to post some of my issues and get some help! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

Hi kzpaloma,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. You may want to have a look at the New User Orientation Forum to get a feel for how the forum works.

There's also a lot of great information in the Tutorials section.

Again, Welcome to BC and Enjoy your stay. :thumbsup:
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

Hi Kzpaloma, I am pretty sure you will get the help you need here if you follow the instructions for new users as already pointed out by Techextreme. I hope that your troubles get sorted soon, and welcome to BC :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users