Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jon2

jon2

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

I have recently installed new memory chips 2gbx2 on a quad core 64 bit system...Before i can go on with my pc with days without shutting it down...while now having more RAM , using it for about half day can cause crashing and instability...I'm also suspecting it having multiple infections... i have been disconnected to internet for months causing me not to update my antivirus and making me vulnerable to infections....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

<<...have recently installed new memory chips...??

Unimportant if you were infected at the time of installation. New hardware has no impact on infected systems.

<<...I'm also suspecting it having multiple infections...>>

If that's true, then you probably need to post at BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/, rather than here in XP forum. This forum is designed to treat Windows issues, but malware issues are not Windows issues and require guidance that is beyond the normal scope of persons trying to assist users...in this forum.

<>

Strange statement...being disconnected from the Internet doesn't eliminate the chance of infection, but it certainly reduces it. If the disconnection came after the system was infected, disconnection is a non-factor, IMO.

FWIW: Your title reflects one thing as the topic, while your comments do not even mention the content of the BSOD.

I suggest that you take care of the possible malware issues first...before attempting to focus on any issues that remain after the malware situation has been clarified.

Louis

#3 jon2

jon2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:18 AM

it's still has a factor cause i'm still surfing the net in rentable pc's and using removable medias...i received some kind of this problem:
a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical Information
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF80071b1c765,0x0000000000000000,0xFFFFFADF8CB9C121,0x0000000000000005

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:05 AM

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Click on 50 in left column...and see if that sheds any light.

Louis

#5 jon2

jon2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

i thinks it is related to ram i am running low disk memory...i have to free up some memory to my harddisk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users