Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD/DVDW rom drivers disabled(code 32)?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 h93

h93

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:29 AM

Hello, I'm new here.

I went to open a game recently and found double clicking it did nothing...eventually found my way to the device manager and found this(see screenshots). I posted here because this definitely has something to do with me using 64-bit Windows 7....I never had either of these problems with XP.

This happened seemingly out of nowhere, the only possible things I can think of doing this are...1: unplugging my Comcast modem and having to reinstall my internet service(doubtful?) or 2: Installing the EasyShare software for an older Kodak digital camera(which I have since uninstalled). I have no available restore points, right clicking and uninstalling the drives then rebooting does nothing. Can anyone help?

Posted Image
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:37 AM

First questions:

Is this a computer that has been upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7?
How old is the computer:
What make and model computer do you have?
Did this happen suddenly or after the upgrade to Windows 7 ( if this is an upgrade )?

What CD/DVD burning software do you have installed?

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 h93

h93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for the response. I bought this PC recently with Win7 pre-installed...it's a Compaq CQ5205Y. burning software...ImgBurn and MagicISO(uninstalled).

#4 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:09 AM

Ok. I don't have a windows 7 machine to see if this would be pertinent as far as registry entries, but please have a look at this knowledgebase article from Microsoft.

Although this lists both Windows Vista and Windows XP, it is very possible that it could be identical in Windows 7. This article requires entering your Registry on your computer which can be dangerous if done improperly. Before making ANY changes to your registry on your computer please set a Restore Point. This will allow your to "roll back" if something goes drasticly wrong.

In the Microsoft Knowledgebase article, you will see a blue tab to the left that says "let me fix it myself". This is where we want to look for the instructions. The first entry points to Windows Vista.

Step 4 points to the Registry Location where you want to go. IF you do not find an entry that is absolutely identical to what is listed in the article, please go no further and we will look in another area or try another means of fixing this.

Follow the Knowledgebase Article to the letter from steps 1 through 12.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.

Hope this helps,

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#5 h93

h93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •