Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I disabled Run, Control Panel, Programs... Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Seb1234

Seb1234

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:09 AM

Ok so you get the idea, I was trying to put restrictions to the guests session on my computer so I decided to block some functions going in ''gpedit.msc'' with RUN... so I just blocked a lot of things including Control Panel, Run, access to programs, accessories, etc...

But then I went back on my admin session and I realized it was all blocked there too!
I dont know what to do, Im desperate...
I searched the web for answers (some about accessing RUN using Internet Explorer) but still I couldnt find anything that would work cause it was blocked there too...

THANKS FOR ANY HELP, it'll be very very much appreciated!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joneleth

Joneleth

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:16 AM

What happens if you press: Windows button + R ?

#3 Seb1234

Seb1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

What happens if you press: Windows button + R ?

It doesnt work and it says to contact admin

#4 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,774 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:26 AM

Hi,

the easiest solution might actually be system restore, if you can still access it.

If that doesn't worok, please run the following batch for me:

Open Notepad and copy/paste the code box below into a new text file.
@echo off
reg query hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system >"%temp%\log.txt"
reg query hkcu\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system >>"%temp%\log.txt"

"%temp%\log.txt"
  • Save the file as regquery.bat by choosing save as *All Files, and save it to your Desktop.
  • Locate "regquery.bat" and double-click on it to run. (It is important that you run the script from the drive where your operating system is installed).
  • It will open a text file, please copy the content in your next reply.
regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users